Saturday, February 1, 2014

Introduction to Recursion and Exceptions

     This week, and the last, the main focus in class and the labs have been on recursion and exceptions. Both of which are something that I have not done in high school, so I've finally met something new. The one line recursions are a bit confusing to try and dissect. I'd prefer if it was separated into more lines, but It may just be a lack of experience. The recursion involving the writing turtle was very neat, and not at all hard to follow. Recursions are basically a looping function, with a base case to finally stop it. Exceptions are even easier (so far). In our lab we wrote our own tests for a class and it involved an exception. The lab was a bit challenging, but was very helpful in understanding the material. It also helped with exercise 2 which involved creating a function and then a tester for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment